Wednesday, March 24, 2010

I am in LOVE with the Prince of Wales.....

I am head over heals in love with the Prince of Wales. The fabulous hotel in Niagara on the Lake, that is.
They knew I was coming and had prepared my room: Oranges and water on the night stand, soft and relaxing music playing, and a beautiful pink rose on the pillow.
The minute I walked into the room…I smiled a smile that never went away the entire weekend. The atmosphere was peaceful…all the staff spoke in whispers. They display fresh roses, brought in daily, all over the hotel. My husband pointed out the floor. The floor that we walked on was worth millions of dollars…. Shining, expensive wood intricately inlaid into wood. It was gorgeous. The meals in the five star restaurant were unbelievable. The lightly salt-water pool was just the right temperature and absolutely refreshing. I made the statement that I could live like this forever. Matt said he couldn't’ and that he didn’t think he was made to live in luxury. From the time I woke up to the time I…well, even while I slept…I felt like a princess. I was surrounded by beauty at every single turn. I woke up in the morning and went to the spa. There I was given a massage. As I lay on the table with fragrant oil being rubbed into my aching muscles (from exercising on the treadmill!) I was thinking what an act of ministry this is. That a total stranger would work to take away the stress and knotting in my muscles. Just the act of touching someone else is an act of acceptance and kindness (even if the therapist is getting paid). As I was on the table with my eyes closed I began to think about my wonderful weekend and how it is such a little taste of eternity. You see, I am a princess. I really am. I am the daughter of the King of Kings.,,,and my Father is preparing a place for me. For me. The Bible tells me that eyes have not seen nor can I even imagine what is going to be there awaiting my arrival. It excites my soul to try to imagine and know that I cannot. My weekend left me refreshed and contented to get back to reality. I was sad to leave…and I left with my oranges and my hotel paper and pen. But I am thankful…for the Prince of Wales. It gave me a taste of what lies ahead when The King of Kings is ready for my arrival!
P.S. Matt didn’t fool me. He could get use to this Prince-living just fine!

Until Next Time,

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it! So glad you could get away! LW I will be able to catch a break up there as well.
Love,
Y

Colette said...

Yesi...did you recognize the scones??? We need to go for tea there again SOON! Love you,C